This is a sample of what you will be expected to do at the end of this unit. You'll do it in class without notes. In addition, you'll be creating a video.
To check-in with a ticket agent at an airport.
You took a trip to Spain. You are checking in at the airport in Madrid for your flight home. Write and perform a dialogue between you and your ticket agent.
- Work in pairs
- One partner is the ticket agent and the other the traveler
- Write a diallogue with your partner without using any notes, etc.
- Your dialogue should include questions and answers about at least 6 of the following
- Carry-on luggage
- Flight number
- Boarding time
- Departure time
- Gate number
- Boarding pass
- Seat (number, window, aisle, etc.)
- You must use the present progressive tense at least twice
- Each partner must write his/her own copy of the dialogue
- One complete copy of the dialogue must be submitted to Mr. Jannke
- Practice your dialogue with your partner at least 3 times
- On day 2 of this assessment, partners will have a chance to practice their conversation one final time
- Dialogues will be presented and recorded