- What is the role of a TV talk show host?
- What kinds of questions does the host ask?
What we are going to do?
You will act out a TV talk show where the host asks questions to get to know the guests.
- Break up into groups of 3 or 4 people. No groups of 2 or 5.
- Elect one member of your group to be the Host(ess).
- The other 2 or 3 students will be the Guests.
- You can be anyone you like (a famous or fictitious person/host). Feel free to make this funny and entertaining.
- Brainstorm (on paper) appropriate personal questions for the Host(ess) to ask the Guests. (name, age, family, likes, dislikes, etc.)
- Be sure to include questions using past and present tense verbs. (for example ?s about what the person did, does, etc.)
- Write out a role-play in Spanish.
- Make sure every group member participates.
- Practice asking and answering the questions several times.
- Each team will stage a mock TV presentation of their talk show.
- Members of the class who are the audience, take notes during the TV show.
- After each team has presented their show, Sr. Jannke will ask you questions about what you heard.